Join Susan in the studio for a painting class that helps develop YOUR own style. You'll learn concrete painting techniques, creative expression and choosing materials as well as:
- Understanding how color works
- Finding joy in your own marks
- Choosing the right tools
- Experimental processes to try
- How to put a painting together
- Different approaches to painting
- Unleashing your own style
Mixed Media I
An inspiring exploration into the playful world of mixed media painting. This course will give you so many methods and materials as tools – and inspiration- to gently draw out your own style of painting. In my studio classes I find the greatest joy in watching each student’s OWN style emerge and flow, and THAT is the focus of this course! The more go-to tools you have – the easier it becomes to find your self in your work, including:
- building a series of paintings
- creating rich surfaces and backgrounds
- exploration of texture
- downloadable materials
- how to use printmaking techniques in your work
- creative collage and paper making methods
- harnessing composition and design elements in your work
- building confidence through positive exercises
- learning to let go of perfection
- learning to love making an art journal
- transfers, transfers, transfers!
- working intuitively and spontaneously through play
- adding your own photographs to a painting
- being bold in your mark making
Mixed Media - Adventures on Paper
Experiment! Discover! Have fun! Learn and combine techniques for original mixed media art on paper!
Each day a new technique – a new process will emerge for you to try and to use in your own work! Every day you will be given a lesson which will open up new possibilities in your art work!! Combined with a playful positive environment the class will work specifically on paper, with paper and through paper to expand your options while making art!
Printmaking Class I: MonoprintingStart with monoprinting: It's fun! It's easy - most materials you probably have on hand! Explore your creative side!
Read more - click here
Printmaking Class II: Blockprinting
Printmaking Class III Silkscreening
Watercolor I: Florals and Abstract
Read more ...
Art Together: Parent+Child Class
Read more ...